It is important to Ashford CCG that patients and the public receive information to support them to make informed choices about their healthcare.
NHS Choice Framework
The NHS Choice Framework is a guide to your choices about your NHS care and treatment. It explains:
- When you have choices about your healthcare
- Where to get more information to help you choose
- How to complain if you are not offered a choice
Choosing where to go for your first appointment as an outpatient
If you need to be referred to see a consultant or specialist for a physical or mental health outpatient appointment, you are able to choose the organisation that provides your NHS care and treatment. An outpatient appointment means you do not need to stay overnight and you can choose for the first appointment relating to treatment for a particular health condition (episode of care) where you are referred.
You can choose any organisation to provide your care that is commissioned by any Clinical Commissioning Group or NHS England to provide that NHS service.
How to find out more information about the clinical team who will be in charge of your treatment
NHS Choices provides an A-Z of health services near you, along with information on healthy living and social care. You can:
- Compare different hospitals according to what matters most to you, such as waiting times, patient safety, complaints or quality of food
- Read what other patients have said about the hospital or leave your own feedback
- Find out how a consultant performs for a particular procedure, or compare consultants from different hospitals before you make your choice for your first outpatient appointment
Speak to your GP to find out more